KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Lyric Graphics Program Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 10:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Lyric Graphics Program
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:24 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Is there a program out there that can be used for creating your own lyric graphics that will sync up to an MP3 file?

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:28 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
several.

dart
karaoke builder studio

and I think Powerkaraoke has one too!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:41 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Songs: 4
Karaoke Home Producer  

http://mtu.com/basics/karaoke-home-producer.htmer.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:43 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Songs: 4
sorry, the correct link for Karaoke Home Producer is:

http://mtu.com/basics/karaoke-home-producer.htm

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:09 pm 

Another choice is Media Commands:

http://www.mediacommands.com

the wonderful thing is it can overlay animated lyrics (LRC / CDG) on 3D animation and video in real-time.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:37 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

happy_thinker @ 23rd September 2006, 10:09 am wrote:

the wonderful thing is it can overlay animated lyrics (LRC / CDG) on 3D animation and video in real-time.

Just the kind of program I am looking for. Thanks for the link.

And there is the free version.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:24 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

that's a heckuva player!! Only problem is, I don't see a Key Adjuster (such as winamp's pacemaker)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:26 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

happy_thinker @ Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:09 pm wrote:

Complicated. I downloaded the free version and am going a little batty trying to figure out how to put lyrics on top of video. any tricks you know would be helpful.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:37 pm 

knightshow @ Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:24 am wrote:
that's a heckuva player!! Only problem is, I don't see a Key Adjuster (such as winamp's pacemaker)

You can adjust the key by the Pitch slider in the Mixer module (press the rightmost icon in the left-bottom control panel of the main module to get the Mixer module). But as the last paragraph in its homepage said, there is a defect:

Quote:
Since pitch-shifting is a CPU-intensive task, user shouldn't expect to have a very high sound quality in a real-time processing environment especially with low-end computers or when playing video/animation with pitch changed.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:40 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 397 times
Tried it. better tell everyone that the free version has to install adware on your computer. And it won't work with real karaoke either just the midi and vcd crap.
uninstalled it within minutes of installing it.

Quote:
Since pitch-shifting is a CPU-intensive task, user shouldn't expect to have a very high sound quality in a real-time processing environment especially with low-end computers or when playing video/animation with pitch changed

Pretty much indicates how they really feel about their produst as it came off their site.    I have seen key changers work right (Hoster, Compuhost) and ones that leave  lot to be desired (Pacemaker).  If they print that on their website i am willing to assume that it doesn't even compare with Pacemaker.

Personally feel power karaoke has the best program- oh well there i go again but i did say persanlly.  I suggest you try all of the demos and decide which fits you.

Karaoke builder Studio- works with mp3 files, does duets convert to bin or MP3+g.
Power Karaoke's CDG creator - works with mp3, has a kar lyric importer does duets
fancy title screen creation from within program as well as a great wizard that takes you through the creation process while telling you how to do it. Has a lyric finding tool built in to it.
MtU Karaoke Home Producer - basic karaoke track creating program, works only with wav files. all convertors are external (Vocal elimination, need separate program for converting an mp3 file to wav) but is easy to use and is the first real cdg creation software that came on the market.
CDGauthor- probably the most difficult program to use.
Dart karaoke studio- agin  not easy to use

all the above is my opinion only and should be considered as such.
Try them out and make your own decision and that includes Media Control as well.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:25 am 

DannyG2006 @ Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:40 pm wrote:
Tried it. better tell everyone that the free version has to install adware on your computer. And it won't work with real karaoke either just the midi and vcd crap.

Media Commands isn't the same type of karaoke software as Power Karaoke, so actually it isn't that easy to compare these 2 different types of software. In fact, both have their own pros and cons. Power Karaoke is a pre-processing machine, but Media Commands is a real-time machine (e.g. Power Karaoke won't be able to display animated CDG/LRC/KAR lyrics on 3D animation or video in real-time and let user easily change the font attributes and screen layout any time he wants when the audio file is playing).

I like software companies who are willing to try new stuff and tell their users honestly the pros and cons of their functions. In fact, Media Commands does tell users the free version is sponsored by "WhenU" before they download the software and make sure they know it again before installation. I don't mind to have 2-3 ads popup / day when I am searching on the Internet (provided that they won't popup when I am singing :-)) to exchange for a new kind of Karaoke experience. That's a fair game. Furthermore, are Media Commands and WhenU so dumb to throw out a piece of crap for user to uninstall it just within minutes after installation ???  I don't think you had read the tutorials and know how to use the software before you made your comments.

But there's one thing you are pretty right - try them out and make our own decisions.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:55 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

happy_thinker @ Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:25 am wrote:
DannyG2006 @ Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:40 pm wrote:

Media Commands isn't the same type of karaoke software as Power Karaoke, so actually it isn't that easy to compare these 2 different types of software. In fact, both have their own pros and cons. Power Karaoke is a pre-processing machine, but Media Commands is a real-time machine (e.g. Power Karaoke won't be able to display animated CDG/LRC/KAR lyrics on 3D animation or video in real-time and let user easily change the font attributes and screen layout any time he wants when the audio file is playing).

I like software companies who are willing to try new stuff and tell their users honestly the pros and cons of their functions. In fact, Media Commands does tell users the free version is sponsored by "WhenU" before they download the software and make sure they know it again before installation. I don't mind to have 2-3 ads popup / day when I am searching on the Internet (provided that they won't popup when I am singing :-)) to exchange for a new kind of Karaoke experience. That's a fair game. Furthermore, are Media Commands and WhenU so dumb to throw out a piece of crap for user to uninstall it just within minutes after installation ???  I don't think you had read the tutorials and know how to use the software before you made your comments.

But there's one thing you are pretty right - try them out and make our own decisions.

I uninstalled it as soon as I saw it would not display MP3+G lyrics. You state on your website that your program plays audio+G files yet it doesn't. And you konow what adware is dangerous and can harm your computer so I do mind ads popping up while I am surfing the net.  I have better things to do than go to any of the websites a popup ad would show.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:13 pm 

DannyG2006 @ Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:55 pm wrote:
I uninstalled it as soon as I saw it would not display MP3+G lyrics. You state on your website that your program plays audio+G files yet it doesn't.

You get me wrong, I'm not anybody from Media Commands. I was just defending my taste, and I don't think you are working for Power Karaoke too...  May be that is another defect of Media Commands. It requires user to attach lyrics file to the audio file in the playlist and open its theatre to see the lyrics.

And you konow what adware is dangerous and can harm your computer ...

Your statement is too general. It depends on what types of adware program you are talking about.

... so I do mind ads popping up while I am surfing the net.  I have better things to do than go to any of the websites a popup ad would show.

It's just like watching free TV programs with ads. I don't think you will mind a few ads popping up if the website you are visiting is the only website which contains the valuable information you want.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:35 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

the sheer problem with adware is it opens your computer's ports up for more than just the pop up's program... trojans and virii sneak in that way!

No adware for me! EVER!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:20 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

knightshow @ Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:35 am wrote:
the sheer problem with adware is it opens your computer's ports up for more than just the pop up's program... trojans and virii sneak in that way!

No adware for me! EVER!!

I guess the devolop either doesn't realize the dangers or is in colusion with the hackers to hurt their client base. Hopefully it is the prior.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:55 pm 

knightshow @ Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:35 am wrote:

No adware for me! EVER!!

Here is the sheer problem:

Any software (doesn't have to be adware) which requires access to the Internet already opens your computer's ports for data sending in and out. So the main point is not whether or not the software is an adware, it's what actually the software has done inside your computer. Take an example: Windows Media Player can retrieve CD information when you try to play an audio CD, but you don't care because you trust Microsoft, and nobody believes that Microsoft will send something harmful to the computer. So actually there's no difference to install a well-behaved adware or other software which requires access to the Internet, provided that the adware is not a spyware, doesn't occupy too much resources and limits the number of ads retrieved from the server per day (my maximum is 5, and no more than that). Anyway, the most important thing is: nobody is forced to use anything, and there are always some kind of alternatives :-).

BTW, you're more polite and logical, at least you don't use "emotional terms" to irritate people.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:43 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

oh I getcha... there's good programs and bad ones out there.

I'm glad you came into this discussion and are here, even though I don't agree with you on this particular situation. I'd never heard of this program and wouldn't mind testing it out as far as a "show" type of situation... The only problem I have is that you have to tell the program where the lyrics are for each song...

ugh! LOL! I'd rather go with all the other karaoke player programs that just play it! ANd the associated file plays along with it by default. THat's the whole reason both files are named the same... so that the programs would associate them!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:29 pm 

i have a karaoke bar with several VIP rooms.. for now, we are still using the old fashioned players.. we have from laser disc to 70,000 songs in one player..
but, i want to use computer for each room.. so, upgrade may be easier.. and i wont need operator room.. maintenance would be easier also.. i believe.. what would be the best program for this?
what is important is that there will be a user-friendly menu for choosing song by title or by artist.. then, an option whether its english, chinese, japanese, korean, etc.. then, maybe the background is also optional.. it may be sceneries..or something sexy.. depending on likes of the customers.. what program shall i use? pls help me.. then, where can i acquire database for the songs in th format required by the program? how do i update to the latest songs?
any help is appreciated.. thank you very much..

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:13 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Just started useing this 1 "Video Karaoke Studio" I love it for making VCD files from scratch Knightshow will know how much I love any homemade karaoke stuff   LMAO

I made a few if you wanna see go here:

http://www.esnips.com/web/KaraokeHomemadeVCDs/